What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We deliver a number of publicly funded services including the ‘Ready for Business’ service. Some of these areas have specific data usage arrangements; these are outlined in this policy.
In order to deliver a responsive service and to improve our website, we remember and store information about how you use it. This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. These cookies are completely safe and secure and will never contain any sensitive information. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Please note that cookies are used only by us and we will never share the information gathered with third parties.
We use Google Analytics & Google Webmaster tool to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and store electronically.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Cavendish Data Controller, NBV, Mercury House, Shipstones Business Centre, Northgate, Nottingham, NG7 7FN, or emailing your usual contact or [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Cavendish Data Controller, NBV, Mercury House, Shipstones Business Centre, Northgate, Nottingham, NG7 7FN, or by emailing your usual contact or [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Publicly funded Services
Regional Growth Fund (RGF)
We deliver a number of RGF funded programmes on behalf of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
We and BIS operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The personal information provided through these programmes will be used by us to provide business advice and services. For contractual purposes, it may also be shared with BIS for the purposes of research and monitoring our performance. All information will be held in the strictest confidence. If you do not wish your data to be shared with BIS please contact [email protected]
Updates to this Policy
We may change information on this Site and/or this Policy at any time without notice. You should regularly review this Policy for any changes. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on this Site. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access on the Site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.