21/03/2016 - 22/03/2016
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
NBV Enterprise Centre
The CITB SMSTS Refresher course is for individuals that already hold a current SMSTS certificate and wish to renew their qualification for a further five years.
The SMSTS Refresher Course provides existing SMSTS certificate holders with an update on the latest legislation and best practice methods for meeting site safety regulations.
During this SMSTS Refresher Course staff will learn:
• Risk assessment and method statements
• CDM Regulations 2007
• Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
• Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
• Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
1. Work at Height Regulations 2005
2. Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002
3. Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
4. Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
5. Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order 2005
6. Construction waste and Site Waste Management Plans
All of our courses can be tailored to fit your business and individual needs.
The refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the five-day construction Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or subsequent refresher course, and hold a valid SMSTS certificate, and have provided evidence to the training provider of their eligibility.
Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SMSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Course Fee: £280.00 (+VAT)
Send enquiries to: [email protected]