13/06/2016 - 01/07/2016
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Business on a Global Stage
The International Festival for Business 2016 (IFB2016) is a global marketplace, bringing together thousands of delegates fromaround the world to create connections, share ideas and dobusiness – and Business West are encouraging Chamber members and the wider business community to get involved.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) has partnered with IFB2016 and the GREAT Campaign to create three weeks of events, networking and deal making,which will take place at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool (locatedon the city’s picturesque waterfront) from 13 June to 1 July 2016.
Building on the success of the first International Festival for Business in 2014, whichattracted 70,000 attendees and created an estimated £280 million worthof investment and sales, IFB2016 will be the biggest event of it’s kind, providing significant opportunities to promote British companies throughtrade and investment.
The festival encompasses three themed weeks:
Monday 13 June – Sunday 19 June
Miracle materials and Best of British advanced engineering will take centrestage in front of a global audience during IFB2016’s Manufacturing Week. Key events include the IBDE Global Economic Forum 2016, the COBCOE, Make Europe Work Trade Conference and UKTI’s International Opportunities events.
Energy and Environment Week
Monday 20 – Sunday 26 June
Focusing on the global challenges and opportunities available in this fastgrowingand rapidly changing sector, IFB2016’s Energy and Environment Week will include a number of high-profile events. These include theInternational Maritime Trade Conference, E2 Industry’s The EnergyEfficiency Platform for The Industrial Sector, and IMECHE’s Operational Excellence in Engineering event.
UKTI will also be holding a number ofevents to outline international opportunities in renewable energy, nuclearenergy and oil and gas. The European Corporate Games will also takeplace during Energy and Environment Week.
Creative and Digital Week
Sunday 26 June – Friday 1 July
With one of the largest and most diverse creative and digital sectors in theworld, the UK is home to global leaders in advertising, music, fashion, TV,film, design, digital technology, software development and gaming.
Attendees can also enjoy:
• One-to-one appointments with suppliers, buyers, investors and advisersfrom around the world, as part of the ‘Meet your Future Deal’ initiative
• A range of free business services including legal, financial andmarketing advice (Meet the Specialist Adviser)
• Expert-led sector-specific seminars
• World-renowned events such as TEDx, Accelerate 2016 and the HorasisGlobal Meeting
• The GREAT British Showcase – an exhibition of the latest UK innovationsand products
• A state-of-the-art digital matching service to pair businesses withpotential customers
• A free festival programme called Blue Skies, which will feature daily talksfrom leading global business personalities, visionaries and free thinkers
• The Edge – a vibrant festival fringeDelivered by Liverpool Vision in partnership with UK Trade & Investmentand the GREAT Campaign, the festival has the backing of the PrimeMinister and the UK Government and will showcase the UK as the go-toplace to do business and will build on the success of IFB2014, which attracted companies from 92 countries and facilitated export andinvestment deals worth over £280 million.
Attending the festival is free but to guarantee entry, delegates must register for the online IFB2016 Business Club – a free and bespoke business matching service. The club will also provide exclusive benefits during the run-up to the festival, including free business-support services.