01/08/2016 - 02/08/2016
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
This course is perfect for business owners, managers and supervisors of small, medium-sized and large catering operations and will provide them with a thorough understanding of how to design, implement and maintain HACCP systems and how to apply them to the running of a catering business.
EU legislation requires food businesses have a documented food safety management system in place, based on HACCP principles. HACCP has however been particularly difficult to establish in catering businesses because of the sheer number and variety of processes involved in preparing and serving food. This practical, accessible and user-friendly qualification has been created to help caterers comply with EU legislation and provides a thorough understanding of how HACCP-based procedures can be applied in a catering context. It also provides the flexibility to suit different types of businesses.
– Policies, controls and standards
– Codex principles of HACCP
– Food safety management tools
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course candidates will understand:
– Legal requirement for businesses to adopt a food safety management procedure based on the Codex HACCP principles
– Controls that need to be put in place to ensure the safety of food and how these should be monitored
– Seven basic principles of the HACCP system and how these can be equated to a food safety management system in a catering enterprise
– How food safety management tools can assist in implementing HACCP requirements in a catering environment
It is strongly recommended that candidates for this qualification have a good basic understanding of food safety that equates to a recent Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
Candidates are assessed by a 45 question multi choice examination.
£350 + VAT
Group Discount – Book 3 or more places and SAVE 10%
Early Bird Discount – Book and pay at least 8 weeks in advance and SAVE 20%
For further details on this course, please call Sandra on 01452 768979