27/07/2016 - 29/07/2016
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct fire risk assessments. It is particularly useful for company owners, managers, supervisors and premises technicians in low or normal risk premises, but it will be equally beneficial to any other personnel contributing to the fire risk assessment process.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 there is a duty on every employer to make a suitable and sufficient assessment of the fire risks in the workplace to which relevant persons are exposed, for the purpose of identifying the general fire precautions needed to comply with the Order. This fire risk assessment may be examined by the fire enforcing authorities, who can issue penalties for non-compliance.
Employers need to ensure that individuals carrying out fire risk assessments are competent to do so. Competency involves a combination of knowledge, experience, skills and personal qualities. Assessors must have an understanding of the workplace and work activities, knowledge of the most appropriate means to reduce fire risks and the ability to make informed and reasonable adjustments.
The course provides a thorough understanding of the formal fire risk assessment process for non complex premises and includes information on fire hazards and the risk they pose, fire safety precautions and management activities (such as fire safety checks, premises maintenance and fire safety training) that are necessary to ensure that fire risk is adequately controlled.
– The importance of fire safety in the workplace
– Principles of fire risk assessment
– Fire risk assessment in practice: fire risks and controls
– Fire risk assessment in practice: assessing fire risk control measures
– Fire risk assessment in practice: application of findings
– Undertaking a fire risk assessment
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
– Conduct a fire safety checklist in your work area
– Conduct a fire risk assessment in a low or normal risk premises (assuming they have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to fire safety and the activities/environments/issues being assessed.
– Organise and implement a fire risk assessment programme
– Participate in the identification of specific fire safety training needs through fire risk assessment
– Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of fire safety in their workplace
– Self-evaluate their knowedge and skills and to seek help where necessary
Group Discount – Book 3 or more places and SAVE 10%
Early Bird Discount – Book and pay at least 8 weeks in advance and SAVE 20%
For further details on this course, please call Sandra on 01452 768979