1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed to provide a good basic understanding of nutrition. This qualifiication will be useful as an induction training in catering environments for candidates who involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It will be equally relevant for the hospitality, leisure, education, health and community care sectors.
– Identify the key nutrients found in food.
– State the functions of key nutrients in the body.
– Identify the foods in which key nutrients are found.
– Explain the importance of including fluid and fibre in the diet.
– State the purpose and requirements of a balanced diet.
– State the main food groups in the eatwell plate.
– Explain that nutritional requirements vary depending on the needs of specific groups of people.
What You WIll Learn
By the end of the course candidates will:
– Understand the type and function of nutrients found in food
– Understand the importance of a nutritionally balanced diet for good health
£65 + VAT